Monday, August 24, 2009

Thru the eyes of a Big Boy

So over the past few weeks my oldest has been telling me "no Mommy..me Big Boy". So in order not to shoot his little ego down, I pretty much let him carry on as long as long as it seems pretty safe and all. So he has learned how to crawl up in his car seat (pretty big crawl), sweep the floors and use a dust pan, put on his own clothes and take them off, put on his own band-aids, fill up his own cup with water, even feed his little brother. Makes me kinda sad but I am so happy for him gaining his little Independence. At what point is the "no Mommy..me Big Boy" gone far enough ?? Well I think it was this morning when I took him to school (in home daycare) he thought for some reason he should be standing on the corner with the big kids and getting on the big yellow bus. He kept telling me "No, Mommy me bus" little does he know he will look back and wish he had just skipped right on into daycare where there are no bullies, no homework, and no stress. Heck, some days I wish I could go along with him...LOL :0)

No comments: