Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bring 'em on Bring 'em on

It is that time of year again..... "bring em on bring em on" let the "big lick" begin

The Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration starts today and it makes me a little home sick. This event has been going on since 1939 way before my time... it is a 11 day event with all kinds of cool things going on like dog show, barn decorating, craft vendor show, and of course the horses. The food is great, the horses are simply the most beautiful in the world, and a bunch of good friends getting together. There is nothing like it....I remember going every single night as a kid and before I had kids I would fly home for this event. I LOVE this place!! During the show the organist always goes thru the songs of the states.. I have always enjoyed singing along, of course Rocky Top is always the favorite. People from all over come to this show to compete and join up with friends they haven't seen all year. I can't wait until my boys are big enough to go and enjoy as much as mommy has all these years. At the rate my oldest is going he will be showing next year.. now that would simply be a treat!!

No comments: