Friday, July 31, 2009

Half a Year & Half a Million

Most mommies are worried about what percentile this and percentile that, what name brand baby food is better, if they wear Baby Gap or Gymboree. Ya know I have no idea about any of that.. I cant even tell you what my little one weighs. What I can tell you is how blessed I am that in 6 months time we have made it this far and my baby is 100% healthy. I look at my little one and remember the night he was born in detail and never wish it on anyone... I sit in amazement that in 6 months the accomplishments he has made and that "they" said he wouldn't even make it thru the first night. I guess he has taken after his mommy just a little...with his "watch me" attitude. He came out a fighter and I am sure we have many years to watch him continue the fight.

On another note, I call Luke my Half a Million dollar baby... he is just that and prolly plus some after this next surgery. All the hospital bills have added up and I sit at night watching him eat and smile back at me... and I think of all the times I have laughed and said wow if I won the lottery what would I do with the money.. well I just spent the money I would have won ..and I can't think of any other thing in the world that would have brought more joy to my life than adding this kid to our family.
He was conceived the weekend we found out I didn't have cancer (that is another blog for another day) and I feel like that was gods way of saying here is my winning ticket for you to have. It was during a rough time when we needed the lottery and we got the winning ticket and the powerball, too.
Happy 6 month birthday sweet baby..... and we are so glad you are here baby UKE ( as Cooper calls you)

No comments: