Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mr.Sunshine called yet??

A few days ago, Big Kid as we will call him (aka Cooper) decides he likes to get up early he always has...we have always let him come into our room around 6 am cause I am not the mommy who lets the littles sleep in the bed with us. I came up with a Charlie Carr story and told him that we couldn't get up until the sun got up.
Cooper looks at me all confused and says:
"WHy?? Mommy??"
"Cause Cooper Mr Sunshine will call when he gets up and tell us then you will see the sky light up and we will know it is time to get up"
ok I am thinking for sure 30 min more of sleep here...
he lays back down to think about it think for a minute ...
drink a little juice
raises back up
"Mommy?" Mr Sunshine called yet?"
"No Baby now lay down"
he now decides to sing .."you are my sunshine....me happy....greyyyyyyyyyy ..Wub You"
I think that is all of the song he can actually say but I think he was going to sing until he showed up.
It wasnt long until I had to explain the moon goes down and the sun comes up...
Needless to say we spent the entire hour talking about the moo moo jumping the moon and the rooster getting up with the sunshine...
Finally when the sun came up Cooper did the sunshine dance
I am so excited for him but now it seems every morning he asks me

"Mommy Mr Sunshine called yet? "
Hummmmm does it matter Cooper??

No comments: