Thursday, March 25, 2010

Halitosis is on the rise

Oh my can I just tell you.. I am in and around people all day and talk A LOT. Some days not by choice but it is my job. Most of the time, I enjoy hearing other people tell life stories, or funny jokes, or even complain a little. Here is my thing I was a dental assistant at one time and loved it. I learned that there are all kinds of things that can make one's mouth smell like hell. I am a big mouth person.. I look at peoples teeth all the time. I guess out of old habits and being aware of different mouth issues. Over the past few weeks I have noticed more and more people just have awful smellin mouths...I mean the kind you can smell a mile away. I no longer have the little mask to wear around my face so I can avoid gagging from the smell. I may need to reinvest in a few. hummm. Either way this one girl got on the elevator and never even opened her mouth and you could smell it.. now come on I know these people are brushin their teeth before they come to work. I also keep a plethora of gum at my desk for those times I know my mouth a be stinkin. Then don't you hate it when someone is talking to you and they get closer and closer and you never heard a word they said cause you were holding back the gag reflexes the entire conversation. I am not sure if just more and more people are having drainage, or they just plain don't brush their teeth, or visit their local dentist on a regualr basis. Either way I have noticed it more and more over the past month.. and knowing me before too long I am going to have a pile of toothbrushes on hand to just hand out.

"brush your junk..and come back"

No comments: