Friday, March 26, 2010

Eber been Snipe hunting??

Do they have a lot of colors? do they like chocolate? Do you name him Kevin?
My oldest I am sure got this question from this new Disney movie UP.. and how observant. He has no clue what he just got himself into that is for sure. So this morning we are getting ready for school and Cooper runs across our living area into the kitchen all excited and jumping up and down.. "Mommy, Mommy you eber been snipe hunting" hummm. I had to take a VERY short breath before I answered this question..but almost instantly said "Why yes..yes I have and maybe your Uncle Robby can take you snipe hunting, too"
So now let me go further to explain why this is so near and dear to my heart..and why I chuckled inside. When I was say probably around 8 or so living in a small small town in TN. My grandparents lived on a huge farm and had tons of woods. My great Uncle Glenn, which by the way was a funny dude and his laugh was infectious, decided to take me and my cousin Marsha out snip hunting. Oh yeah, it was one to remember too I promise. I will never ever forget this event. We were carrying tator sacks into the woods and asking what does a snipe look like? Well here is the animal we were looking for... he kinda looks like a coon and he is super fast. Now you have to stay down low and hold this sack and be careful he will bite you but they are super fast and if you aren't paying attention he will zoom right past that tator sack. Don't sit down to wait on him..this was the question my cousin ask can I sit on this stump and wait? So my cousin and I were separated to different trees and my uncle Glenn was going to scare the snipe out... boy did he ever.. OH MY my cousin kept asking questions as my uncle Glenn walked off and I was all down in a crouch mode getting ready. When he snuck up on us and scared the living daylights out of us.. I know they heard his laugh all the way back up to the house..and he laughed all the way home. I think it is funny now and so thankful for the memory but at the time it was not funny at ALL. My cousin literally peed her pants and heck I might have too.. I know I was close.
I just can't imagine ever robbing my kiddos of such an opportunity.. Cooper & Luke might be planning the hunting trip of their life with Uncle Robby. heheheeee

No comments: