Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So Strong

As we spent the day yesterday at the Dell Childrens Hospital for Luke's surgery. I couldnt help but notice and take in the happiness of all the sick kids. As I handed my child to the nurse for his surgery,I broke down in tears. For some reason this was super hard for me..but as Luke went away with the nurse a young girl around the age of 8 walked past us with a huge smile on her face and turned around to tell her parents bye. She acted like a pro at this procedure..made me start thinking wow these kids are amazing. We walked around the hospital and if you have never been in this facility it is simply amazing not like any other place. I was taken a back at the kids and caught myself tearing up a few times. We passed a little boy playing in the healing garden with his mommy and he couldnt quit laughing although he was attached to an IV and had no hair. Looked as though he was a cancer patient. I know loosing anyone is a hard thing but a child it just seems so unfair. My heart broke for some of the parents but I know they are giving it a hard fight. At the end of the day I walked out with my baby and am truely grateful for each and every blessing we have had despite the challenges. We are truely blessed and god bless those kiddos and their strength.

No comments: