Thursday, September 17, 2009

7 hrs in ER = Mad Mommy

We put in a call to Luke's surgeon/doctor last night he had suggested we take him the the Dell Childrens Hospital to the emergency room. I get to the emergency room and to my surprise there is not one but 3 waiting rooms and all three are overflowing with people and they have masks on. It looked like something out of a movie. I guess if you have insurance you get a star beside your name and get pushed to the front of the list..as we were called back pretty fast compared to some that entered at the same time. I was in amazement why some of these people were even in the emergency room.. example one kid smashed his finger really he needs to take up someones elses time in the EMERGENCY room, one kid fell off his bike hurt his back and was bi-polar and got rushed thru like he had a heart attack...REALLY. As the night wore on I started asking questions....why is it these people don't take their kids to their pediatrician in the morning? Come to find out some how some way if you take your kids in the ER and you don't have insurance we the tax payers pay for it.. the only thing they are paying for is their time. I left the ER around 3am and the little girl who had come in the same time I did had just gotten into her room. One of the nurses had mentioned at another hospital down the road the wait time was 4 hours. REALLY.. so again I ask myself..how and why is it our health care system is so messed up that this is the work around for people to use the emergency room to get health care. It was very frustrating to me that I was there for a legit reason and had to "put up with" this nonsense for 7 hours when it seemed as though maybe 1/3 of the people in there were truely there for an EMERGENCY. Do they not know what that damn word means.. it translates ya know?? I have come to the conclusion that unless one of my kids have lost a limb I will not return to that nonsense. I hope our new good ole President gets this one figured out ~

No comments: