Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monsters

Oh no... Cooper has officially ask me about Monsters. He comes to our room in the mornings around 6 am and one morning last week (they all run together) I could tell something was wrong.. he kept squirming around and finally I hear this
"Mommy (whisper) Mommy...."
yes cooper
"wook a monster"
as he is pointing at the shadow on the ceiling of our TV shadow...
"oh no Cooper that isn't a monster! "monsters don't exist, there is NO such thing" I tell him
I sure hope this passes. It has been an ongoing thing he tells me
"no mommy Darwwk"
Last night we were sitting in the loft rocking and he could see our shadow on the wall.. he thought this was cool but still ask "Mommy, Monster?? So we had another talk about Monsters and how that is what he thought was in our bedroom. I rocked back and forth and made him wave just so he could see Monsters do NOT exist. I hope it has all ended here...
I dread this whole adventure cause myself as a 36 year old woman I am still scared of the dark and it is awful.. I have our house lit up like a airport runway. Not sure where I got this fear from but I have been known to sleep with every light in the house on and radio on too. To ensure I don't hear anything go bump outside. Booooooo. Maybe it is a fear I have to over come as I help my 2 year never get it... shewww


No comments: