Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preach on Clairee..

I am sure you all know who Clairee Belcher is..right?? If not well ya should.. she is the character in the movie Steel Magnolias played by Olympia Dukakis. I am not sure which character I like the most Clairee or Ouiser played by Shirley MacLaine. Both are absolutely hilarious in this movie. Here is one of the quote I love the most..

Well, you know what they say:

if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

This was a nice topic of conversation amongst a few of my friends over a few too many drinks. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone should you keep your mouth shut? One of my friends she never says a bad word about anyone she never even really lets anything get under her skin..just a calm, cool person. Yep she is medicated I say!! She has raised her kids (17 &15) not to even talk about anybody else... "If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all" that is great and all... BUT here is the thing I for sure have Clairee days I think we all do and I feel SOOOO much better afterwards. Helps me to know I am not the only one thinking that shit..and just to go ahead and say it out loud get it off your chest. As long as you talk about someone and say only what you would say to their face what is the issue with that? No sense in sugar coating things we all have our own opinions but hell you got those who take it personal and get their feathers ruffled. Come on, tell it like it is and get on with life, should we put the "God Bless em.." in front of it to make it go over better on the feelings part. Back where I come from as long as those three words are in front of anything you say all that falls after that is excusable. There were several opinions around the table not sure one was any more right than the other...but heck if it is the truth and that is how you feel well preach on Clairee....

No comments: