Friday, September 11, 2009

God Bless

I hear people saying we don't need this war But, I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start your preaching let me ask you this my friend...Have you forgotten??


I think this Daryl Worley song says alot and I love it.
I think about this day all the time...it is the day that changed all of our lives FOREVER and my kids lifes. I remember this day like it was yesterday I was on my way into work at IBM got there and no one was around everyone was crowded into conf rooms watching a 24 inch TV with this picture on it... the worst part for me, I was 1000 miles away from my family and didn't really have a circle of friends here in Texas, yet. I remember IBM saying it was business as usual... but I still took time off from work. I cried and I remember I just wanted to go home and be with my family. I feel so bad for those who lost their lives and the familys who lost their loved ones. I thank those who fight for our freedom everyday and their families, too. Unfortunatly, life will never be the same... we can't let our kids ride bikes until dark, we can't let our kids hang at the mall and catch a ride home, most days it scares me to let my kids out of my sight. I hope the world becomes a better place it sure seemed during that time strangers even gave their shoulders to cry on...I wasn't there but I sure felt the pain. Funny how soon one forgets!
God Bless America and thanks to those who keep fighting for our Freedom!!

No comments: