Sunday, September 11, 2011

Proud to be an American~

Sometimes a picture just says it all.
As the Statue of Liberty stood there 10 years ago today and watched our freedom being taken away do you wonder what she thought? This day forever changed all of our lives. Where were you on the day of 9.11? I have to say it is a day,a month I will never ever forget. It is a day that forever changed the world for us all and continues to change the world.. in my opinion it is for the worse.

I worked at IBM in Austin, Texas and walked into work that morning of 9/11 and everyone was piled up around a TV. When I heard the news and as it soaked in I was panic stricken. First thing that hit me was I WANT TO GO HOME. Well guess what all flights are shut down I was going no where...It was kinda scary cause no one knew if it was over or what was coming next. Eventually, it was under control but I remember watching day in and day out coverage just sitting on my couch and crying and crying. My heart broke for those people and their families and made me just want to be home with mine. Just an average day for the average Joe and out of no where corruption hit. Freedom taken.. people came together like never before, people prayed for strangers, people had more faith in God, it was a great thing to see but for sure a bad situation and a lot of innocent life's lost.

I will say it is an HONOR to be an American and an privilege to be FREE and we are all blessed to have the military men and their families out there doing what they do for us every single day. GOD BLESS you all and godspeed to those of you who lost loved ones 10 years ago today.

No comments: