Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No Reunion for ME!!

As one can probably tell I am from a small town. I went to a smaller high school than most. We had 150 or so people in our graduating class. Do y'all remember the days of senior pictures when you had to wear those feather wrap things? Or was it just us that did that?
I think back to how lucky I was to live in a small town and graduate when I did. I don't feel like we had ANY of the pressures that kids today face. Nobody seemed to care who had money and who didn't or what brand of clothes you wore or what car you drove. Good thing because I cruised around in black king cab truck from the old sonic hill to the mall like crazy on a Friday night. Wore cut off shorts and cowboy boots like a CHAMP!! Maybe I've just forgotten - but it seemed pretty Mayberry-ish to me.Did you go to high school in the early 90's? If so - then you might identify with having HUGE hair. We would hold our hair out on the sides and spray hair spray on it and then hold the blow dryer on it to keep it out. And my bangs could bounce concrete off them. We tight rolled our jeans and wore swatch watches and Esprit sweaters. We didn't have cell phones - I would have to call my parents from the pay phone inside the gym after ball games or from a friend's home phone. We didn't have internet or facebook or twitter or blogs. (I'm sort of glad - aren't you?) We learned to type on typewriters and used those for papers in school.
I found out this weekend that my high school class is having our 20th class reunion in a State park in a town next door to our home town. Part of the group is playing golf, some are hiking, who knows what the rest are doing. There is a dinner that night at our yucky Country club that is dated back to Miami Vice style. They are going to have the day catered and want us to pay $100 per family..ok really?? Then it is off to hang out in what they call "the alley" with 3 bars and look at the losers that are left in small town USA...in 2 whole weeks. They pretty much planned all this via the social media route. Although, I just received my formal invite in the mail this week. Nice real nice gives us plenty of time to make arrangements. YA THINK?? So needless to say I am skipping mine.. decided I have better things to do!! My dad and I are hitting Las Vegas wide open!!


I think it will be a much better time indeed... my daddy has never been to Vegas and well I need a break from a computer and a cell phone in a bad way. One never knows I am pretty good on a Blackjack table.. I may be able to come home work out my year as a millionaire and move on to the beach. You guys look for the beach party invites next Sept celebrating my 40th Millionaire Party rockin it out!! I mean really who cares about going to see a bunch of people who have been starving or pill pooping for weeks to get skinny and gonna lie about how great their life is for hours on end. Not I !!!! I had rather go drink and hang out by the pool and enjoy life. I graduated high school 20 years ago and moved away from po-dunk for a reason. Ahh those were great times... you guys have fun but I will think about you with my High school skinny self in Vegas baby!!


Look OUT Vegas here we COME!!!!.

No comments: