Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy 40th Anniversary Mom & Dad

What could be the secret to 40 years of marriage?? WOW my parents have been married 40 years today. That is a looong time. Look at this Groooovy picture of them back in the day!! Especially when you look around these days and you have Hollywood all but saying it is ok to have 5 kids without even being married. Then Liz Taylor she had what 7 husbands. Is it about all the change or maybe not so much of it... hummm cause my parents aren't much for change...


40 years married to the same person

38 years living on the same street

38 years living in the same house in the same town

38 years with the same Daughter -not that they would send me back to the Gypsy's

37 years with the same Son -not like they would have ever thought about sending him off

20 something years with the same business

? not sure how many years with the same cars my daddy sure drives one a long time

It is just a different day in time for the good or the bad we are here to embrace it for what it is I guess. Not sure what the secret to such a long marriage is but it is sure something I admire as marriage is a crazy road some days. I know my parents sure have great advice to share and some great stories to tell. I love the biscuits story how my mom couldn't cook when they got married threw them out and the local animals roaming the streets wouldn't touch them either. How my daddy sold tooo many "BUiCKS" oh well we all have to go to the car lot every now and then. Still funny stories.

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD..

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: