Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Genius

We have been on vacation so I have tons of blogging to catch up on but I just had to fill ya in on the siting we had during our travels. On our way home we stopped in a local McDonald's in Arkansas and witnessed a baby genius We ordered our food and sat down and this young girl ask me how old my youngest is.. I politely say 16 months. This is when the conversation starts..what a queenky dink her little girl is 15 months. Ok great thanks for sharing, I think to myself, and continue on with my family and trying to get kids fed so we can get back on the road. Oh no little miss country wasn't having that... she started asking me when my youngest started walking ummm probably around 13 months I guess.. so her little genius started walking at 8 months. I think to myself that is great but honey holding her fingers while she takes a few steps isn't walking. She continues telling me how baby genius feeds herself, how she talks and can say 20 + words. I looked at her as though she had lost her mind.. really no kid is talking at 15 months and if she is so good at feeding herself why the bib and the stack of napkins? Just sayin' I continued to hold my giggles to myself not sure if this was her first kid and she was reading "what to expect in the first year" and trying to make all the milestones or just trying to be little country Jones , but she was for sure convinced her little baby genius was talking. She coached her several times and all she got was "blagh blagh mum,mum, bo, bo" you know the typical 15 month old vocabulary. As we left I wasn't sure if it was the location in the world or if that momma was serious? Either way God love her and her baby genius in small town Arkansas.

No comments: