Monday, June 14, 2010

Crawling around in circles


Do you ever feel like you are crawling around in circles? This past week I had my oldest home due to sickness with the typical fever, headache junk that is going around. My oldest is never sick I can still count on one hand in 3 years how many times the little guy has been sick. Then whammie number 2 hit on Friday night 104 fever with baby #2 needless to say it was quite the eventful night at the ER and then home for an all night crying concert. Then back the next morning for follow up x-rays...yep Pneumonia got us. I think after this visit to the walk in clinic I have come to the conclusion they should just fire the "so called" doctors the have in those places and let mommies have part time jobs. I am positive they can do as well if not a better job than those that went to school forever that are currently staffed. As I looked around the place was full of sick kids. After going back to the room and going thru the motions breathing treatment, x-rays, oxygen levels..I already knew the routine. I am amazed at how those doctors work to cover their asses more than they tend to take care of the patients. After an all night visit you would think they had it figured out but yet still requested us to come back first thing in the AM to follow up with another shot. Only to get there and guess what they just wanted to look at him to check to see if he was better.WTH are you kidding me?? I know if my kid is better or worse I could have made that call all on my own to take him back or not..don't LIE and tell us we are coming back for a shot that you can't actually give but every 24 hours any damn way. Yap as you guessed it this mommy lost it right after the nurse told me she could tell we had been up all night...to that I responded with: it isn't because of a sick kid and being up all night that I am acting this way (like a full blown Bitch) it is due to you and your fellow staff and your incompetency to do your job. So yeah they assigned us another nurse.
Needless to say I will not be going back to that location my kids will go straight to the emergency room I hate to take up those doctors time in the ER as it isn't a REAL emergency but at least in the past they have always done something to make that baby better. Maybe it is just the particular walk in clinic that we go to or maybe all you other mommies out there have the same issues..and isn't it somewhat of a real nightmare that with Obama getting involved in this health care it is going to get even worse than this? Either way, I am so put out with them and soo tired I could collapse in this endless circle. Ahhh to a better week :0)

No comments: