Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions



New Year Resolutions.. I always have a tough time keeping up with these kinda things for long periods of time. Bad habits all ways seem to sneak back in on me somehow. Although, I will say this time last year as I lay on my couch with a metal plate and 8 screws.That I so graciously got from the fat man in the red suit. What most would say or at least my work out watch said for a long time OBESE keep dancing in my head. It was awful getting around on crutches with 2 babies and being overweight too. I wondered if I had weighed less if it might have prevented the tumble down my staircase or maybe even been somewhat easier to walk with crutches. Never mind the fact, I might even feel better a few pounds lighter and my cholesterol numbers would be lower. hummmmmm what a concept!! I knew then no bad habit was sneaking anywhere around me. I vowed then I was loosing all the baby weight plus whatever had snuck in since high school and middle school. I didn't say anything to anyone just did my own thing and waited to see if anyone noticed. That was almost the fun part as I saw my family back home several times and it wasn't until almost 30 pounds down they said anything to me. These are the best pics I could find to the Left was in June of last year and to the right was in November (so I am actually smaller now) kinda hard to tell in these pics I think.. So poof here I am ...this year 45 pounds lighter and face to face with another resolution to make..not to gain any back and then this year I am going to DRUM ROLL PLEASE......ANOTHER DRUM ROLL PLEASE... (that's so I don't forget!)

1. make more time for MOMMY yes ME as I seem to not so that at all these days...

this kinda falls in the group above but more time to get to the actual gym to swim. As I have committed to a Triathlon in June I had set a goal for myself years ago that I would run a marathon before I turned 30 and welp I checked that box years ago and I said I would do a triathlon before 35 but I got waylaid a few years so I reset to this year. Heck it has to be easier than that dern Marathon.. I have faith.. and work out buddies!! :0)

Happy New Year to you all and may god bless you all for a wonderful year.

No comments: